When you are facing personal difficulties it can be invaluable to talk to an experienced therapist or counsellor, someone who is professionally trained and qualified to help, who is not involved personally in your life and who has your best interests at heart.
I offer a safe space where you can explore your feelings and concerns without judgement, at a pace you determine, and deepen your understanding of yourself and the way you relate to others.
Counselling therapy offers a unique opportunity to feel heard, understood, accepted and valued for who you are. Working in this way you can explore and understand what holds you back, and choose more positive directions in your life.
Sensorimotor psychotherapy is a way of working with the body, mindfulness and new theories in neuroscience to help a person resolve symptoms of traumatic stress and attachment challenges.
How you can benefit
As a counsellor I bring compassion, sensitivity, warmth and a deep understanding of such issues as loss, adversity and trauma. Many clients tell me they look forward to our sessions, value the space and time to explore their experiences, the privacy and safety to offload bottled up feelings, and the opportunity to explore ways to cope with difficult situations in their lives. For some this is the first time they have voiced their feelings, thoughts and experiences to someone who does not judge.
When you work with me, you have my undivided attention and unconditional support throughout our counselling relationship. You can gain new insights, become more resourceful, see new possibilities for yourself, and restore wellbeing and a sense of purpose.
Who can benefit
I have helped many individuals and couples over the years who are struggling with life's challenges, such as:
- Anger, anxiety, and depression (demands of daily life)
- Bereavement and loss, fear of dying
- Being single, loneliness and isolation
- Bullying and intimidation (work, personal)
- Couples, partner, marriage difficulties (intimacy, infidelity, jealousy)
- Difficulties in expressing feelings
- Growing older (midlife, menopause, retirement)
- Guilt, hopelessness and shame
- Living with illness or disability (yours or someone you love)
- Loss of confidence
- Physical and sexual abuse
- Recovery from addictions (alcohol, drugs, food, gambling, internet, shopping)
- Relationship difficulties (boss, colleagues, family, friends)
- Sexual identity, confusion and inadequacy
- Traumatic events
- Work stress (burnout, long/unsocial hours, redundancy)
- Worry about appearance
The next step
If you need help please contact me by phone, mobile or email to discuss the next step call or text me on 07712 190 464, or contact me using my secure online contact form.
Contact me by email
A choice of two locations
Counselling Space, Enfield is situated on Gardenia Road, Enfield EN1, a 10 minute walk from Bush Hill Park Overground. It is local to Palmers Green, Edmonton and Winchmore Hill, and provides therapy and couple counselling within easy reach of Barnet, Haringey, Muswell Hill and surrounding areas of north London.
Counselling Space, London Bridge is located at London Bridge on Southwark Street, SE1, a 2 minute walk from London Bridge or Borough underground stations, easily accessible to the City.