What is counsellingWhen facing personal difficulties it can be invaluable to talk to someone who is professionally trained and experienced to help, who is not involved personally in your life and who has your best interests at heart.
I offer a safe space where you can explore your feelings and concerns without judgement, at a pace you determine, and deepen your understanding of yourself and the way you relate to others.
Counselling offers a unique opportunity to feel heard, understood, accepted and valued for who you are. Working in this way you can explore and understand what holds you back, and choose more positive directions in your life.
How you can benefitAs a counsellor I bring compassion, sensitivity, warmth and a deep understanding of such issues as loss, adversity and trauma. Many clients tell me they look forward to our sessions, value the space and time to explore their experiences, the privacy and safety to offload bottled up feelings, and the opportunity to explore ways to cope with difficult situations in their lives. For some this is the first time they have voiced their feelings, thoughts and experiences to someone who does not judge.
When you work with me, you have my undivided attention and unconditional support throughout our counselling relationship. You can gain new insights, become more resourceful, see new possibilities for yourself, and restore wellbeing and a sense of purpose.
Who can benefitI have helped many individuals and couples over the years who are struggling with life's challenges, such as:
• Anger, anxiety, and depression (demands of daily life)
• Bereavement and loss, fear of dying
• Being single, loneliness and isolation
• Bullying and intimidation (work, personal)
• Couples, partner, marriage difficulties (intimacy, infidelity, jealousy)
• Difficulties in expressing feelings
• Growing older (midlife, menopause, retirement)
• Guilt, hopelessness and shame
• Living with illness or disability (yours or someone you love)
• Loss of confidence
• Physical and sexual abuse
• Recovery from addictions (alcohol, drugs, food, gambling, internet, shopping)
• Relationship difficulties (boss, colleagues, family, friends)
• Sexual identity, confusion and inadequacy
• Traumatic events
• Work stress (burnout, long/unsocial hours, redundancy)
• Worry about appearance
The next stepIf you need help please contact me by phone, mobile or email to discuss the next step:
tel/text: 07712 190 464 (daytime)
Click here to email me
"Given me power to trust myself - that I'm in charge."